Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Some days are like this

I ran completely out of energy about an hour ago. Of course, the children don't seem to run out when I do and so now I'm way over-done. Things that could have been simple turned into three-levels-of-complicated issues. Another extra half hour of necessary evil. Poor D is hard at work. I've been working at a number of things today that I just can't seem to pull together. Q was running at a hot hot fever pitch all day long. I think he just wanted more than I had to give. He was trying to "control" things and make them go his way. We had episode after episode of heated emotion boiling over. At the time the kids were home from school, there were toys everywhere and I was already wilting. Normally, I think I would have relished the opportunity to get out and do some errands but it felt like serious slow motion. Errands in slo-mo. Fun! Monday had a few moments like today. Most Mom-of-five days have at least one or two moments like the ones that made up today. When you can survive a full day of "this" you know that there aren't many things you couldn't make it through. Time for bed.

No comments: