Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

An Itch to communicate

There are times when I am just all prickly with the desire to "talk" to people. I'm not sure why it is, I just want to know what's going on in the world. It's like butterflies in my stomach, waiting and wishing that something would happen. It could have something to do with the fact that at times my days seem to run together, without much to distinguish one from another. That isn't the case lately, so I'm banking on the fact that I'm a little off balance and wishing that I could resolve difficulties more satisfactorily. Today, for some reason, I feel glued to the computer. I feel the need to reach out to people that have been on my mind. I'm positive that I could redirect my energy and find much better ways to spend the time. I need to move on. Nothing is going to be resolved today and I have a lot of other more profitable things that I could be doing. LIke making dinner, rotating laundry, helping E and Q get their bedroom cleaned up - many many opportunities to be productive and useful. Don't want to be, though. Just stinks.

I think I just gave myself a clue. If I get an email or a phone call, I can respond. It is very much an avoidance issue, I'm afraid. The other things are real, too. They play right into my "not wanting to do much" and make it easy for me to think of things I need to look at on the computer while I wait for emails and phone calls. Yep. Some days I'm just itching for someone to talk to.

No comments: