Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, August 24, 2007

A Beautiful Day


It's funny, I spent all afternoon playing with a Mondrian color type design, and then after I finished the shells, all I could think about was "simplify, simplify." I ditched everything but the textured soft sky cardstock and I loved it. Really, loved it - the shells came out just as I had hoped. (After about two tries on each one.) Only a couple more things to go. I haven't decided whether to use the "birthday boy" card or not. I'm just not sure. I guess if I don't come up with anything that I like better, I'll use it.

For the last couple of days, the kids have been having a lot of fun cutting up scraps of cardstock and making things. One benefit of my creative work is THEIR creative work. Yesterday Q made dolls of himself and his Dad and stapled their hands together. He caught E's imagination, and she wanted to do the same thing, but couldn't figure out what he was doing, and needed help with the process. Q is just that way, he figures things out and has a blast "creating". The funniest part was when he brought me a couple of small pieces of paper (perfectly sized for the job) and said, "Mom, will you staple my butt on?" He even figured out that he needed to clean up his own mess, by which I was dumbfounded. The boy constantly amazes me - he is very complex. It is going to take a very intelligent woman to be a good companion to him.

No comments: