Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, August 17, 2007

What?!?

Yesterday I did a little light reading while standing in line for "fast food" at Costco. It is amazing how informative their menu sign is, if one spends a moment looking at more than the photographs and prices. Take, for example, the yogurt. We've been purchasing said yogurt for years! It has been one of my favorite guilty pleasures, guilty since the gall bladder incident. Of course, I thought that it was regular yogurt, like every other fast food dessert, containing fat - only maybe a smidgeon less since it was yogurt, rather than ice cream. This time, I took the time to look at the words and I saw something completely unexpected. There, right in front of the word "yogurt", in all caps, a peculiar little qualifier. . .NONFAT. I had to exercise an immense amount of self-control to keep from hollering "Woo Hoo!" right out loud. Within myself, I let out a squeal of absolute joy and bliss. How often does a guilty pleasure skip right over from the "I really shouldn't" column to the "Any time I darn well please" column? That doesn't happen very often, and usually it has something to do with a wedding.

No comments: