Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To bed, to bed. . .

It's 7:45 p.m.
I brought E and Q home from tonight's pack meeting early because their behavior was no better than last night at the court of honor. Seating was limited, so we had the smaller ones sit on the floor. They immediately started running, playing, rolling, and generally making noise. No other children their age were having this problem. D told them that if they weren't still and quiet, they would go home. And so, here we are. The crying has nearly stopped. They won't be allowed out of their bed except for a trip to the bathroom. Maybe next month we will have better luck. I hope so because these are the moments that make me wonder if I was out of my mind to have 5 children. If I wasn't then, I'm pretty sure that I am now. Thankfully, I have some distractions to boost my confidence and morale.
I can't even imagine what would have become of me without my faith. When I had T, after 22 hours of labor, nearly needing emergency c-section, and forceps, I asked the doctor how women "did this" without painkillers. He said "women don't do what you did without painkillers." In some ways, I feel the same way about my life right now. I wonder how people get through what I'm going through without faith in some greater plan. I don't think you could do what I am doing without faith.
Children grow up. I've heard it said that they learn by the things that they suffer. Tonight, we are all suffering with them. I hope that they learn how to behave appropriately so that next time maybe we can sit together and enjoy the night.

No comments: