Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Later that Day. . .


The repair place finally called, and made an appointment between 4 and 6 p.m. Of course, that was a problem in a logistical sense since I had to get my entries to UPS by 5:30 p.m. but I didn't care. The possibility of cool air dwarfed the other issues of the day. The other issues just seemed to take care of themselves, to my surprise. I started working on a card that I've been thinking about for some time. It came together much easier than I thought, and I was very pleased with the final outcome. I based it on a shirt that I have, and now all I can say is WOW! This is why I love this hobby! I was also able to put together a quick Halloween Scrapbook page to send in. It also came together very quickly, and so I sent in the pink card and Halloween page today. I will send the "birthday boy" card in for next month. I didn't want to put all my eggs into one contest. I do think that I will send these two cards to the "fresh face" call. Luckily all that I need for them is photos, and I have those.

When the repairman came, it turned out to be an issue with the thermostat rather than the air conditioner. That was quick and easy! I was able to get to UPS and make it home in time to feed children, and get to T's court of honor for Boy Scouts, where he received his Tenderfoot rank. E has been unbearable, and needs more sleep. It was painfully obvious during the court of honor that her "be good" rations for the day were spent. A full day of school is hard on her little person. It's difficult to get her into bed soon enough. She went to bed as soon as we got home. Q is now at his limit, and starting to fall apart. At time's like this, I am even happier to have some lovely creation ready to spring from my fingertips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card is just beautiful, Abby! Great job!