Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, January 14, 2008

Life is extra rough.

I'm going to start seeing a therapist to help me sort out the pain and confusion. I see a lot of wonderful possibilities out there in the future, but right now life is more than just overwhelming and at often ultra-depressing. I'm glad that I have some focus and direction in other areas of my life because, frankly, I never imagined that life could be so difficult. Difficult isn't the word, maybe excruciating. Sometimes, life itself just seems too much to bear. On those days, breathing in and breathing out all day long can be an excellent goal.

2 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I hope the counselor really helps you get some clarity and direction. Comfort too. That would be good, huh?

Abby said...

I'm soooooo not sure what to expect, just that I need the extra set of eyes and ears on my life right now. I know I shouldn't come out more confused - that wouldn't be good. What I really hope is that I'll be able to recognize opportunities and options that I'm not seeing right now. I need someone to help me find the open windows, because so many doors in the life I believed I had have closed.