Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Counseling Appointment

Seeing the counselor was great. Surprisingly, to me, she told me the same thing - almost word for word, that I told D in September. Not surprisingly, D doesn't agree with that estimation of things. At this moment I feel far more confused than I did when I went - but not because of what she said. Reality is simply far more complicated than the conclusions that you can come to in a counselor's office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you! Hard first step. Keep up the good work.