Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to the Routine

Strange to say, but I'm completely ready for life as usual to begin again. I am having a little trouble waking my 3 school children, I know they aren't going to be as chipper as I am right now. (It took me 1/2 an hour to get chipper this morning - the little ones didn't sleep very well, and that takes it's toll on mom.) It has to be done, however.
I am going to do some out of the ordinary things today, however. Q is going to start Karate - for a month, we'll see how it goes. After that, we'll run to Lowe's for some paint, paint chips and quick flooring options. Not necessarily a busy day - but definitely not our normal weekday style.
I'm hopeful, about many things. It's a good feeling, I hope it lasts for a while.

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

My kids head back tomorrow, and boy, and I looking forward to it!

Michele Kovack said...

We all go back this coming Monday. Me included. ( I teach 5th grade) Next week is going to be brutal. We have been totally out of our routine. Staying up late, lounging in our jammies......Guess I should enjoy the few days left!

Abby said...

That's where we were too. The late nights, the lounging. Carpe Diem! That's what I say. Seriously, if the day calls for lounging, then we LOUNGE!