Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Goals

I've been working on some things lately that I've mentioned before, but never really spoken about it in depth. I started a program called LIFEChange, which has been catalytic for me. I began reading and listening to the CD the first week of November. The Architecture goal grew out of that listening, and more specifically the recognition that I needed to bone up on my math before I could do anything to work toward the Architecture goal. My walking and exercise goals, the drinking water, the specific ways I'm focusing on spiritual things, all grew out of that. Most importantly I have a LIFEVision, as well as a LIFEFocus for the year. The greatest part is that these are things "I want to do". I'm not doing anything because I think I "should." I believe that has been the key to my success with it. I actually WANT to get up and do YOGA in the morning. I want time to write in my journal. I make small goals to break up bigger things, like Christmas cards. I do the little goals, and use the rest of my time to think about other things. I am consumed with forward energy, rather than "I really ought to but I don't feel like it" energy. I was positive and optimistic before, but now I am focused which is far more powerful. I'd love to help others to get the same momentum in their lives. I'd love to be a part of making this work for other people.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've felt like this through the last year but I fall off the wagon sometimes and go back to my ol' way of thinking. What you said is how I would love to think most of the time. (The greatest part is that these are things "I want to do". I'm not doing anything because I think I "should." I believe that has been the key to my success with it. I actually WANT to get up and do YOGA in the morning. I want time to write in my journal. I make small goals to break up bigger things, like Christmas cards. I do the little goals, and use the rest of my time to think about other things. I am consumed with forward energy, rather than "I really ought to but I don't feel like it" energy. I was positive and optimistic before, but now I am focused which is far more powerful.) FORWARD ENERGY. Tell me more!!!!!