Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dead Blackberry

Q sprayed my new phone with Windex, (a lot of Windex). It died. I have buried it in rice hoping that it will be resurrected in the morning. Bad things usually come in threes. That was the third dastardly deed he pulled in about 2 hours so I think I may be done fielding major Q-caused problems today. I didn't yell at him, but I did cry - I was feeling very very frustrated. Thankfully, I still have my old phone so at least I don't feel like I'm in Outer Mongolia while I wait for the "miracle of the rice".

I wish that the rest of the day had been wonderful, but it has been a very difficult day. There is one more major opportunity to salvage the day, and I am hopeful. Last year's Christmas Enrichment Program was wonderful, and I think this year it will be even better. My sister K and I are singing "Silent Night" at the end - the "big finish". Thanks to K, it will be because anytime she sings, it is amazing. People turn around in church to figure out where that voice is coming from, it is truly angelic.

This day, too, shall pass. Maybe the best has been saved for last.

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I was just clicking on people that I have things in common with on my profile and your day sounds a lot like mine. I'm hiding on the computer waiting to leave for mutual while my five kids tear apart the basement. Rough day over here too!

Kim said...

Abby, I woke up early and hopped over to your blog so I could read more from you. I needed to hear what you wrote to me yesterday. Thank you. I've actually printed it out and intend on reading it several times. I've read through your blog this morning, back to October. I was in tears. My intentions as a mother and what I know my children need gets messed up when I don't deal with my shortcomings and human "hiccups". Its good to read about others that are doing the best they can as well as how they're are doing it.

Abby said...

Here's a little update. Blackberry has not resurrected yet. May try baking, yes baking, the motherboard.
On a very high note, my duet tonight with my sister turned out great. We harmonize very well, and we just love to sing hymns together, and we love that little baby Jesus. The day was salvaged, in large measure because as I went through the dinner & h'or dourve events prior to the program, I realized that I was completely surrounded by true friends. I've never felt so at home with a group of women. This is a wonderful place to be living out this phase of my life.