Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, December 21, 2007

Better

Dang! I am tired. This morning started earlier then usual when I found myself wide awake, and decided to get cracking on a project I started yesterday evening. I was excited for today, being the last day of school before Winter Break and Christmas. It wasn't stressful. Everything went along fairly easily. When I put the little ones first, and take care of their needs, they usually accommodate my whims very nicely. Today was that kind of a day. It is my sister's birthday, and we had an adult night dinner out planned. T was our babysitter. I was already on the phone with Pizza Hut getting ready to order some food for them (a bribe to help him be an extra good sitter) when someone rang the doorbell and left 3 pizzas! I'm not kidding. Those kinds of things just don't happen, except when you live in a neighborhood like mine, where people actually care about each other. We had a lovely dinner. Stopped at Target on the way home for a few more Christmas things - candy, etc. When we arrived home, everyone was doing great. Q was sleeping, while A (who had a good nap this afternoon) was still wide awake. Speaking of A, I can't believe she's almost two. She is so much fun right now, I just can't get enough of her. Her tiny little voice, and the fact that she clearly understands everything we are saying. My favorite is when she tries to talk while she's crying. She makes a ton of different sounds, and she obviously knows exactly what she wants to communicate and believes that she's getting the message through. I have to work hard not to laugh because I can't understand ANYTHING, but it's just so cute. I'm loving every minute (and I mean that) of A at almost two. I'm loving that we can leave everyone with T for a few hours and not worry about anything. A is getting some new teeth, canines. T is loosing still loosing some. It's amazing to see the whole range of childhood played out in front of my eyes. Writing about it is one of the best ways that I know to ensure that I'll remember all of this someday. Right now, it's almost midnight. Even though it was a pretty leisurely fun day, I've been doing this day for a long time now, and I'm tired. I'll just rotate the laundry once more, and call it quits. It was a good day.

No comments: