Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Cards

For the first time this year, instead of putting a lot of energy into ANXIETY about Christmas cards, I made little goals that I knew I could accomplish during a week with the time available to me. First, it was just to gather all the pertinent items and get them into a box. Then, organize and begin addressing. Then, finish addressing and mail. Well, last week ahead of schedule, I had finished half of them. This morning, I got up a little early to finish the rest and now I have them all done and the best part of all of this? I didn't feel a bit of stress related to the project. I have been able to complete the project ahead of schedule because I put the guilt about when I would be able to sit down and "do it" in the trash, where it belonged! It's done, I feel a great sense of accomplishment which is completely unmarred by any feeling that it should have been done sooner or better. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yea!!! I love that feeling!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. There is a temple here and I set a goal to go once a week and do initiatory but my mom was supposed to watch my kids and now she's sick. I need to go on Fridays when my husband's home. He works 4-10s and I need to go then. I'm excited to get to know you. I love blogging for this very reason. So many wonderful woman making strides to be the best they can be but willing to show others that they struggle through the process. You're a genuine and I appreciate that so much.