Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What a difference a year makes

Granted a year is a long time, but in most ways, it was a lifetime ago. We had just moved into our new home, and I was a completely different person. I liked who I was, but I was not nearly as strong as I am today. It makes me wonder if the changes of the coming year will find me an older version of who I am today, or once again, someone new. I'm betting on stronger. This past March I could barely stand to look into the future. Seven months later, I am actively pursuing the future - at least in terms of taking control of what I can control. I'm not afraid anymore. Lest I sound too bold, the peace I possess now has come to me through faith in God. I've been supported and strengthened by angels through the most agonizing trials I've faced in life thus far. I don't know what life will bring, but I'm willing to do my part to make it great. Life is good. A year later, I enjoy knowing the children coming to my door to trick or treat. It's fun to greet neighbors and friends. I enjoy knowing myself better, too.

No comments: