Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, October 8, 2007

Phone-free zone

It's been an odd day. I think that one of the kids must have pulled my phone out of the bag yesterday at Grandma's house. At first I thought that it was probably just somewhere around here, and I'd hear it eventually, but we've had no ring tone break the silence all day long. When Dan gets home, we'll call over to my parents' to see if they've seen it, or heard it. T has been a little bit obsessed with phones lately. More often than not, over the weekend, the phone was in his hands. He is getting to that age, and I've told him that if I need him to have a phone next year that it will be a possibility. He swears, however, that he wasn't the one who was using it. It will all work itself out, and until then, we'll just be in this phone-free zone collecting messages on our voice-mail.

No comments: