Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wouldn't you know it

Knowing me, you might be inclined to say that if I can say yes to something, I will. Maybe you'd say that I tend to say yes even when I shouldn't. There's a lot going on in my life right now, some of which is not pleasant. When a friend called to see if I'd like to be involved with The Successful Mothering Convention what I said was, "Let me tell you what's going on with me." The more we talked, however, the clearer it became that this was an opportunity that I shouldn't pass up. So I've been designing signs for their Mini-Convention on November 3rd. Interestingly enough, two old friends of mine that hadn't known each other previously ended up on the executive board of the convention, and when there were needs to be met, they both thought of me. Also, interesting to me, I had been thinking of these two recently - one of them just the night before the phone call. I don't think that was coincidence. I think I'm meant to be working with this group, and that the skills I learn and the people I meet will be valuable to me in the future. I know that some people don't believe in God, but when things like this happen at times like these, I think of Him. I feel His hand in my life and I'm grateful.

No comments: