Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I just have a feeling. . .

You know when you get that feeling, the one that says "It seems like there is something going on that day. . ." but you just can't quite figure out what it is? Well, that feeling is head and shoulders above where I found myself on Sunday. Two big events, one which I must attend and wouldn't miss for the world, the other which I helped to plan. At no time during the three weeks prior did I get "that feeling". With less than a week to go, it dawned on me like the summer sun. There was no way to attend both My Grandmother's 90th birthday party and the "SPA Day" for the women at my church. Funny how that is. Strange that it never once occurred to me that they were on the same day. When I finally recognized my error, it was more than just embarrassing. Fortunately for me, my role in the "SPA Day" was very limited. I'll be able to finish all my assignments and drop everything off before I head up to my Grandmother's for the afternoon. There really is no question where I want to be. I would choose my Grandmother even if it were only her 75th or 21st birthday for that matter. She is quite a woman; someone that I revere and love. Although sitting with my feet in a foot bath sounds like something I'd enjoy any other day of the week, on this particular Saturday, it will be my joy to watch her receive her guests - a great number of old friends and loving family members. I am certainly not the only one who holds her in high esteem. I'm sure that there will be some who will not be able to attend, but thankfully, it won't be me. I have a wonderful feeling that it will be very memorable and something I will cherish having been able to be a part of.

Today, October 18th is her 90th - Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: