Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

You say it's my birthday?

I got the email yesterday. I was not selected this time, but I don't intend to quit - this was after all my first try for a design team. It does, however, give me good reason to get out there into the world of submitting my work to publishers. I want to find out what makes me and my work different - and I can only find that out by doing the work.
We are at a good place, a positive change place. Little things here and there like light fixtures and art on the walls. I got a giant magnet board last week, which I'm excited about. I don't think I'll have time to paint its frame today however, I've got to go and get the car inspected and sit in line at the DMV. Unfortunately, that is probably what I'll be doing today, on my birthday. If I can get that accomplished, I'll drive to this store I know of and get myself some paper! I'd go to that store right now, (the birthday has got to be got to be good for something!) except that I don't want to risk getting pulled over for expired tags!
As far as another year is concerned, I have only this to say. I still believe that the best is yet to come.

No comments: