Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, September 17, 2007

Checking in

I've had some longtime friends checking in lately. It has been great. I needed it. Turner had a major falling out with his friends at school on Friday. Should know today what the permanent situation will be like. We spent the weekend with Dan's family in St. George and Las Vegas, and it was a wonderful time. More on those issues later.

Right now, Q is bored. He is interpreting this as hunger. This post will not be a long one. "Mommy, I'm hungry, and I'm hungry and I'm hungry." Kicks sister. "You have to give me lunch. You have to give me lunch. Give me lunch." Whinese is not my favorite language, although I assume that I was once quite fluent in it. "Please, give me lunch. You won't give me lunch." Time to go. My brain is about to explode.

No comments: