Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sometimes you just can't sleep

I was wide awake at 3:30 a.m. this morning. At 4 a.m. none of the regular things had helped and I gave into boredom. I got up and read and found some online tutorials for AutoCAD. The only problem that I can see is that AutoCAD only runs on PCs and this is a Mac household. The tutorials are great, however. I'm sure I'll be able to learn what I need to know. After that I wrote a little bit in my journal, had a shower and it was time to start the day.
Now it's 2 p.m. and I'm exhausted. The kids will be ready to come home from school in about an hour. The two younger ones are watching Curious George. I've started the laundry. Soon, I'll make my bed. (I washed the sheets today.) I had hoped that my Scentsy things would be here today, but it looks like they haven't even shipped yet. (Also something easy to check on when you don't have any plans in the wee hours of the morning.) I'm just coming up with things to do to keep my engine running until I can get a little nap. I used to be a night owl, but I suppose that has gone the way of our five children. I need to figure out what to do next, to keep myself awake . . . because this plan is quickly becoming . . . less effective. . . zzzzzz . . . .

No comments: