Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Good Day


I love cool clouds. I remember an evening during my college days when the clouds seemed to be in ribbons. Catching the last rays of the sun, peachy, pink they twisted across a turquoise sky. I thanked God that I was alive to see it. Honestly. It was so beautiful, a painting in the sky the likes of which I have never seen since then. I've heard many people say that watching the sun set across a beautiful ocean is their idea of heaven. For some reason, although I love the beach - sunset there doesn't do as much for me as in the mountains. (Nice for me I live in a very mountainous region.)



This photo, I took from the deck of my first home on Halloween 2005. The colors just seemed so appropriate for the night. A year later, we had Halloween in a new house and soon we'll be enjoying another. So many things have changed since I took this photo. The actual people in my life are the same, but the circumstances in so many of our lives are different now. That's okay. Change is natural and although we often fight it like a child at bedtime, it is good for us. A lot is changing for me still, but I have hopeful feelings. I believe in good things to come. Like today, I feel like today is going to be a good day. There is something in the air. For now, it's time to get on with the living of it.

Have a wonderful day and a beautiful sunset wherever you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh Abby! I absolutely love your blog page! I finally have some time this morning to sit here and look at things. I drove Adam down the driveway for the bus, made a cup of tea and sat down here. After reading your blogs I'm left wide awake, feeling great and totally inspired. THANK YOU!!

Abby said...

I'm so glad! That's the way I feel when I'm writing. Even better, it's the reason that I write and keep the blog.