Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, September 7, 2007

Thinking in the Shower

Some people sing in the shower, I know some of my children do. Today, I was thinking in the shower. I had just been on the internet and seen a photograph of two people who in my paper-craft-world mind are both celebrities. One is, granted, more well known. The second person was so excited to have been able to meet the first person. I know of both of them through their work, and the fact that their work has spawned companies for which they are the spokesperson. The thought crossed my mind that everything out there in the world was started by someone, or a small group of individuals. A face behind everything - whether it is the public face or not. Then, for me the most powerful thought - "What do I want to put myself behind?" "What would I be willing to work for?" For the most part that question is really already answered. There are however, small pockets of time in my life which are still mine. I'm not saying that I want to start a company, just that I want to be deliberate about what I associate myself with. I don't want that to be an accident, I want it to be a choice. I want to be associated with things and people that are good, uplifting and wholesome. I want to warm people up and make them feel happier. I'd like to bring a little joy and discovery into their lives as well, if possible. They are simple things, my goals. I believe that I already have the tools to accomplish most of them.

No comments: