Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, September 24, 2007

Making the difference

Things don't really make a difference, you know? People make the difference. Things combined with people can sometimes make things great, but leave out the things and keep the people it will probably still be wonderful. A diamond ring at just the right moment with the right person can mean an entire world. Diamond but no person, not powerful, but still lovely. A Diamond and the wrong person might as well be the starting gun for a hundred yard dash. People make the difference. They are what matters. Their value can't be underestimated and their impact can be miraculous. I have a few miraculous people in my life right now. They are making a huge difference in how I see and respond to my world. True friends don't have to do much but be there when you need to talk, and be willing to share real experiences and feelings. Friends don't try to hide behind a facade of seeming perfection. They open their world to you and help you to see the things that you're probably missing. They can make a difference that way, a real difference. They can save you from heartache that they've felt. They can give you hope, almost like a transfusion. It's a lifesaving venture in times of crisis to be a friend when one is most desperately needed. I can only begin to describe how blessed I feel to have such friends at this time in my life. What they mean to me is something indescribable. They are like angels from heaven, and I pray that God will bless them or maybe that He will allow me to bless them, the way they have blessed me.

No comments: