Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Movement

I find that I am caught in a river of new activities. They encompass pieces of my whole life - professional, personal and family. I've still got my old business, but I'm starting in a new one. I have a new job at church. I'm doing more with my hobbies finally, and submitting my work for publication. D's parents have moved here from New York, and so we will be spending more time traveling to be with them than we have before. That's just the new stuff. All the old stuff is still kicking around. For a long time I felt like I was stuck somewhere, but there's no chance of that feeling sneaking in right now, even if there is no change on the front that isn't moving along quickly. I just hope that I can keep up, and keep things organized. (Reminder to self: Find planner that the kids removed from my bag while at Grandma's last week.) I'm trying to accomplish as many things with singular efforts as I can, like promoting both businesses as once. One area will require it's own time, because it's completely new to me and there's more to it than I thought there'd be. The church job. I am in charge of helping those in my area prepare some kind of food and water storage. Along with that, I am on a committee and have the responsibility to organize a service project. Never been there, never done that. One thing I've learned as a mother of five children is that nothing happens without effort, and that effort usually has to be squeezed in between and around other things. I consider that a fantastic advantage. It's like the cutting edge rocket science of life-management. If I can keep my wits about me, I just might survive this river run. I have on my life preserver so I'm sure I'll be fine.

No comments: