Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, October 31, 2008

Energizer Bunny

This has been one of those days. Halloween alone is enough, and thankfully I had the day off. T & Q also had the day off, which we all enjoyed. I missed one appointment today, and didn't even remember that I had missed it until about 10 p.m. Sometimes holiday activities cause me to completely draw a blank when it comes to other schedule items. Today, the Halloween Parade at school blacked out everything else. It will be fine. That's not really the problem.
The problem is that this day needed about 36 hours to give me any chance of pulling everything off. Seriously. I had errands to do, orders to place, clients to communicate with above and beyond all the regular Halloween fanfare. The list just went on and on and got longer as the day progressed. For example, before I left home for the errands Connor's doctor called and said that the Radiologist saw some things on the x-ray of Connor's lungs that he didn't. He needed anti-biotics. I could have told him that. Viruses eventually give up or start getting better - and this one wasn't giving Connor much of a break. Just something else I could take care of at Target.
We have made it through in good shape except for the projects which are still waiting patiently for me - and which have to be completed by tomorrow morning. Have to. I have to take the projects with me for a client to pick up sometime tomorrow afternoon. For the most part, they are simple and it is just a matter of getting it done sometime before I need to leave for work at 9 a.m. . . . and for some reason, I thought I'd be able to squeeze some of it in while D had the kids out trick or treating.
Right.
I said something back there about placing orders. Thank heaven for that on a few levels. I had already paid my bills this morning. I keep them in a fun little magnetic pocket on my refrigerator. When I was placing the order, I noticed that the my debit card expired TODAY. I went looking for the new one, and while I was digging around in that pocket I found a bill that still needed to be paid. Tender mercies. I also realized that nearly every card I carry had a more current card in that pocket waiting to be activated. I took care of the mail which has been piling up in the mail bin (which is where I found the new debit card). I got them activated and cut up all of the old ones. I feel totally fresh. My order is in, my bills are paid and if it weren't for the fact that I have quite a few hours of work still before me, I'd relish that. I'm just glad it's done.
I do want to add how much I love these children I've been blessed with. A was so excited about dressing up and made it about half way through the trick-or-treating. I had more candy to eat tonight than any of the kids did - and they are all sleeping now, but one. It has been a crazy crazy week. That is why I named this post Energizer Bunny. This day, and the entire week, just keep going and going and going - I hope that I have the stamina to keep going with it.

No comments: