Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Are we ready?

Today, I think is the beginning of many changes in our world. Are we ready? The Proposition 8 battle isn't over no matter what the outcome is today. There are similar ballot measures in Florida and Arizona, as well.

Like I said, this is just the beginning. This is the issue that will divide our nation. Twelve years ago I wrote that very thing in my journal. I never dreamed it would come so quickly, though.
Where will you stand today? Where will you stand as the battle heats up? Early Christians were severely persecuted, and often killed, for choosing to stand with Christ. Where will you stand?

I don't vote today on any of those ballot measures, but I will watch with interest. It is certainly a battle which will soon come to my state. It will come to all of us. We will be called the vilest of things by people who are seeking "tolerance." By this world, we will be seen as evil and our hearts judged and found wanting. We can look forward to the things of a better world. We can rely on Christ. We can stand up for Him.

Churches have been criticized for their interest in this issue, which is ironic. There are groups out there, well funded and well organized, working full time to eliminate the family as we know it. They are pouring money into this day in and day out. You probably won't hear their names on the news. I'm not talking about gay rights groups either. You can find them if you look for them. It will scare you, and that could be a good thing. Are we ready for this battle? Are we treating this as a battle? Our opponents are, and they aren't going to stop today, no matter what the outcome is today. 

Alright now, on a lighter note, my five year old son needs me, and so I need to go. He says that 'Moms don't go on computers, and I need to come'. I think he's right - at least that I need to help him out. He even said please.

2 comments:

Tara Hoppie said...

You are awesome. Thanks for your post.

Lara said...

You are right. We do need to be ready for the battle and we need to be sure of what we are fighting for. The world is changing everyday. I am so grateful for the gospel which is our "rock" and I am so thankful for its steadiness and truthfulness.