Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yearbook Yourself


I've been meaning to do this for a long time, so without further ado here is a 1952 me:















Me in 1966:






















How about 1968:




















Now 1972, looks a lot like 1966 don't you think? I like the hair better. Can't imagine doing that but hey. It worked for them.





















Fast forward to 1990, which is a lot like the hair when I gradutated form high school:





















In 1996, I was a new mom - but this works for me.






















Luckily for me, I like this best of all. I think I even like this better than my Senior Portraits. I like this girl - she's grown up now. She is happy. She has 5 beautiful children and loves being with them. She has a job, and is grateful for it. She's also very tired and needs to get to bed.

6 comments:

Tara Hoppie said...

I like the 2008 you. Beautiful, responisble, loving, sweet, spiritual, fun. You are such a wonderful woman.

If you have any time I would love to bring my kids over an we could all visit. Let me know!

EarlGirl said...

I love the last one especially! Good stuff.

Abby said...

My son just commented that the 1996 picture is how I'll look when I have all grey hair. Interesting, huh?

tatum said...

oh my gosh, i did this too, i just haven't posted mine yet, yours look way better than mine. the real you at the bottom is so so cute, you look so good.....younger than i remember, what are your secrets, i need them bad.

tatum said...

did you color your hair? i am digging it.

Abby said...

Tatum, thanks for your kinds words. I will send my secrets via email.