Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lighthearted.

Today, I was going through some things, getting papers organized and I decided that it was finally time to put my birthday cards away. I came across the card that Q, my five year old "made" for me. I put made in quotations because this is how the sweet card came to be . . . it was my birthday, and we were making preparations for a party.

"Mom, draw a picture of our family, and don't look."

"Don't look? I have to look at what I'm drawing or I can't draw."

"But I don't want you to see it! It's a surprise."

"A surprise, huh? Is if for my birthday?"

"Yes. I'm making a card for you."

"Okay, well then I have to look, but I'll draw the picture and you can do everything else. I promise I won't peek until tonight, okay?"

"Okaaaaaay . . . I guess you can look."

That brought me a good giggle today and I realized that I hadn't posted it yet so there you go, a good laugh.



1 comment:

EarlGirl said...

That's so cute! I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there with a smile on your face!