Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Awin speaks.

I asked Awin (as she says her name) what she'd like to do this afternoon. She thought for a moment and said, "TEE BEE. . .DEE BEE DEE!" She had been carrying around the DVD of Barbie's Pegasus for a little bit. We had already done some laundry together, read books in bed  and played "This little piggy" and "itsy bitsy spider" for a good while. She had had a bath, eaten . . . and so DEE BEE DEE it was. She needed a Pi-Woe and Bane-tet and then she was completely comfortable. I sat there admiring my precious little girl . . . the "wight" of my "wife". . . until she smiled and said, "Momma, Doe Way!"
She WAS completely comfortable. For the first time all day, she needed not a whit of help and she wanted me to know.
Love that little girl.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

that is so cute. sounds like you had you gave her just what she needed and now she was ready to be alone for awhile. I like that a girl who isn't afraid to say what she wants.

Angie said...

That reminds me very much of the stage that my Z has entered where he can no longer abide kisses, especially in publically embarrassing places like bus stops. Funny, I want my children to be independent and self-entertaining, but when they actually verbalize my obsolescence, it doesn't feel as nice as I had thought. But little Awin sounds so delightful and I need to get to know her better. When are you coming to play?

Tara Hoppie said...

I just love little girls. Right when you think they can't get any sweeter, they tell you to go away. lol.

I am glad I found your blog! Thanks Tatum!