Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Awin.

A little hilarious moment brought to you by my nearly 3 year old daughter.

I said to her, "Baby girl, you are the light of my life."

She replied, instantly, "Momma, I not wight. . . I Awin!"

I couldn't help but laugh, and I hope it brings you a chuckle, too.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like she and my Bam are cut from the same cloth! If we call him any adjective--even a super hero name--he is quick to point out that he is not that he is Bam (insert his whole entire name here). It's so fun to see their sense of self so firmly in place from so young.
And, so sorry to hear about the not job. Your attitude remains amazing!

Robin gut my favorite title is Grandma said...

I stumbled on your blog through someone else's blog from someone else's blog blah blah blah - you know the whole blog surf thing. Well, this post cracked me up and brought back a memory of my now 25 year old son when he was three. It was his birthday party and we were sing the "Happy Birthday" song to him. When we sang, "Happy Birthday Dear Jesse" he got mad and yelled, "I'm not a dear I'm Jesse". It was so funny.
Thanks for bringing back that memory. Kids crack me up.