Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Busy Day.

This is my day off.

It won't be too restful, however. This morning I'm headed down to IKEA to pick a TV stand up for my sister. I'm also going to think about a lamp option for my living room/piano while I'm there. (If I'm going there, there will be some shopping.)

After that, I'll drop Q off at kindergarten. Q's school is very close to my mother's house, where I will leave the TV stand.

On the way home, I will stop at a fire station where they are doing early voting. My mom said that she had voted yesterday and it was like a little bell went off in my head - "Oh, yeah. I could do that tomorrow. Avoid long lines next Tuesday. Ding. Good answer."

When I get home, I'm going to replace dead light bulbs around the house with some purchased at . . . IKEA. That's reminds me, need chocolate from IKEA, too. The chocolate will come in handy after I do the cleaning and laundry that has been calling my name lately. I will probably try to squeeze some Lasagna into the oven, too.

Quinn will need to be picked up about three, then Turner, then Elynn, . . . and we will all be home again.

I will enjoy my children for a short while, eat together.

At six, I have an appointment to do some interior design work for a couple downtown. Need to google their address so I don't get lost. That will be fun. I need to remember to bring my notebook. I now have a total of three clients! I am excited to have some people who want my help with design. Little by little, things will come together.

When I get home it will be time to get the kids ready for bed, read scriptures, have family prayer and get to bed.

Better get going, IKEA opens in an hour and I'm not even dressed yet.

Just for kicks, I'll report back tomorrow on what I actually accomplished. That should be fun. You know what they say about the best laid plans.

Happy day off.

1 comment:

tatum said...

hope your day off was a good one.