Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This is your last chance!

I hate that crack-pot!
Crack-pot?

CRAAAAACK POHHHHHT. I hate that dinner that you're making!

OH! . . . Crock Pot!

Yes. I hate that dinner. You have to take me to IKEA . . . I want those circle things . . . meatballs. This is your last chance! Make cookies and go at IKEA. That's it!

What are you going to do if I won't do it?

You're grounded. Grounded from computers,  . . . every night. And you're not taking me to IKEA. If you're not, you're grounded from computers.

Q, we aren't going to IKEA for dinner. You can have anything else in the house that you want, but we are staying here.

No, I am the boss of this house . . . and we are going to IKEA . . . mommy, pleeeaaaase. Take me to IKEA . . . okay, that's it. If you won't give me soda, and meatballs and french fries and sauce, I'm going to ground you from computers!

(I don't think I need to express how funny this conversation was to me. I was typing as he was speaking. It cracked me up so much. It's not over, either. I know my child. He will carry this to the end of the day.)

Mama! Why won't you listen to me! It's IKEA for me! 

3 comments:

Angie said...

Q? Oh the accidental hilarity of the underage set. Love it!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I had some of those meatballs recently...not bad!

Marci said...

So funny! He will love that you saved that for him someday!