Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back to work . . .

Next week will be my first week of work, and my schedule? 
Ack! Here it is.

Monday - 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday - 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Thursday - 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday - 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.

At times like this, it's good to know that you're on the right track, because nothing about that schedule (except that I have the entire weekend off) looks like something I'd actually consider possible. On the other hand - it is just another opportunity for me to watch the hand of the Lord work in my life, and who doesn't need more miracles? I've been hanging out in that 'in need of little daily miracles' territory for a while, and although I truly can say that the Lord has provided, I can also say that in my case He seems to be choosing REALLY DRAMATIC WAYS to do that providing. There isn't any explanation for the events that have transpired and also no way that I will be able to take any credit for pulling it off. It is far beyond me, but very much within the Lord's power to bring together the necessary resources to make this an actual functioning plan. One week and day at a time, it's a good pace. It's a manageable pace.
Thankfully, I'm closing a lot next week because someone will be on vacation - I don't expect that to be a typical week. Also, miraculously, although the just never start people with the designation of full-time, even when they are working full time hours, and they generally have you prove yourself in terms of sales before they offer a full-time designation, they will be bringing me on full-time, which means that I'll be eligible for health benefits in 90 days. 
So there it is. Is this the craziest thing you've ever heard, or what?

4 comments:

Jana said...

Good luck with the back to work - I don't know that I could handle it but it sounds like it is exactly what you need and have been looking for. I guess if it came right down to it I could go back to work - as long as it wasn't full time staff at a boy scout camp.

Angie said...

I'm so glad Ab. Crazy hours, yes, but what a gift to receive what you need in the nick of time. Hopefully the rugrats will conspire to help make this transition work and not the reverse! love you!

Abby said...

That's how I feel. Such a gift! A really crazy off the wall like only someone completely out of their mind might give you kind of gift, but amazing nonetheless. I'm truly seeing with my natural eyes what I saw with the eyes of my faith. I'm grateful. I hope to be able to concentrate all of us on the things that are the most important. We shall continue to "see" - I have no doubt.

Marci said...

Congrats on the cool new job! It will be fun to see where this adventure takes you! Good luck with the long hours this week.