Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Quality

From Eckhart Tolle

"Success isn't anything other than a successful present moment. And what is that? There is a sense of quality in what you do, even the most simple action. Quality implies care and attention, which come with awareness...By realizing that your entire life journey ultimately consists of the step you are taking at the this moment. There is always only this one step, and so you give it your fullest attention. This doesn't mean you don't know where you are going; it just means this step is primary, the destination secondary."

I'm going to be thinking about this today as I'm walking around the store. It is something great to chew on. It's what I've been trying to do this year, pay attention to the moments so that they don't get away from me. I have reason to do that now more than ever. I promise I'll put something about work in on Sunday. Things are going well, I've enjoyed myself - although my body is just aching by the end of the day. Tonight will be my first 1 to 10 shift. I like being in the store. I think that summer evenings will be busy - so it should be fun.

Enjoy your steps today.

No comments: