Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, June 30, 2008

First Week of Work.

Okay, so it was great. By the end of the week, I was looking forward to going - truly. It was just very frankly more fun than I thought it could be. There are tons of little tasks that I can do to keep myself busy when things are slower. It is sales, but most of all, it just feels like helping people. That was very natural and fun for me. The people I’m working with are interesting and caring. They want to know about my life and seem genuinely amazed about the way I’m handling everything that is coming at me. One of the ladies (probably in her 60’s) said to me at the end of the week, “You are a breath of fresh air. You are so refreshing . . . really, you are."
I hope that I can always make things fun. I want be Christlike, especially at work. I come into contact with so many people from so many parts of the world all day long. We are the first stop from the airport and we have quite a few out of town visitors.
I learned that I have a little more of a competitive spirit than I imagined, as well. That will have to be kept in check. I like everyone so well. I want to make sure that my friends are treated well. I want to be sure that I maintain good relationships and do my part. So, verdict on the first week? It couldn’t have been better, honestly - unless it were closer to home, I guess.
My family has been amazing, as well. They want to share my load and we will work together to be sure that my children are well cared for. I'm so grateful for their willingness to help us - for the love they show and the way they have stood by me through these days.
I have four days off - my next day at work is Wednesday. I have a lot to do before then, and thank heaven for that. Keeps me busy and focused. Most of all, I want to give my children the things that they need. I want them to have every chance to flourish in these crazy times.

1 comment:

Marci said...

It sounds like the perfect fit for you! Yay!!