Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just a little update.

Tomorrow will be the fourth day of school, and so far everything is going very well. The fact that August starts on Friday is more than just a bit overwhelming to me. I can hardly believe that time is going so fast. I just can't. They say that time flies when you are having fun, so I must be having an absolute BLAST! I' m making some good headway getting  things organized in the house. I swear Angels must be helping out because things just don't happen like this in my life. Usually, it takes me so long just to pull one project together it's almost scary to even think about thinking about starting something. That's the way life is with many children needing my attention and assistance in a constant and urgent manner. I know that I've been very blessed. Things have come together in such a way that I've been able to complete in days what in my past life (pre-full time job) might have taken weeks to pull together. (I'm not even slightly joking.) Everyone has been in the right place at the right time. I had the boys settled in their new bedrooms, and E comfortable in her new room, by the time school started. That just doesn't happen for me. It feels like I'm living someone else's life - but I'm so glad it's mine!
The kids are doing well. It is such a relief. I know that there will still be hard days and moments when they just seem to be overwhelmed by all that has happened. Truthfully though, the drama around here has subsided in a very obvious way. They have questions and I do my best to help them understand. The calm is still interrupted by a noisy tantrum once in a while, but over all, it has been great. I'm so glad that the timing of everything came together. It was SO out of our hands, but worked out exactly as I had felt that we needed it to. The kids were able to adjust a bit to D living elsewhere before school started. It is hard for them to have me working, but D is here whenever he can be at night and my parents have been loving them in the day. They are incredibly loved, and I think that they know that. They seem stable and calm, which under the circumstances is just a miracle. I couldn't be more grateful for this place in our lives and how much better than worst case scenario it has been. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm so glad Ab. What a blessing. Sounds like you're riding the "hollow of the Lord's Hand" right now and I am so glad for answers to prayers. Not that any of us are going to stop praying for you any time soon, but it's good to know you're feeling it all so tangibly. love you!