Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Update.

Well, we measured to see if both beds would fit in the new bedroom. We got all of the things off of the desk in the new bedroom and almost moved the computer. We pulled weeds in the yard and did a couple of loads of laundry. We moved the clean laundry out to the family room to be folded. We ate two meals. I wrote in my journal, downloaded a song from iTunes, got dressed and got everyone else dressed. These things are of course in no particular order. Q had a bloody nose in his sleep. That left a big mess on all of the bedding, so I spent some time cleaning that up. (Shampoo scrubbed in well, then rinsed with cold or warm water. It was a miracle and the bedding was saved.) About 5 p.m. I got together my errands and called my friends one more time.  We took care of things and then went to IKEA to eat and got a few things for the boys' rooms. I think that IKEA was the only thing on the list that actually happened - and that due to the fact that Q was adamant about his meatballs, french fries, and sauce. We HAD to go. Most of my list is still there waiting for another day and that's just fine. There had to be a few difficulties, but working them out was important - just as important as the task themselves. I recognize our need for scripture study and prayers. Those things just cannot be put off. They are so important to how things "feel" around here. I think it actually makes "the" difference between okay, good and great days. We all need that little extra calm the Spirit brings and that's the best way to get it. Now, it's time for bed, because T really is motivated to get the beds moved upstairs tomorrow. I told him that until all of his things are out of that room, C is sleeping upstairs because I'm not going to have him left in a mess. I thought that was some of the best reasoning I've ever come up with - and T agreed. He really wants his own space. I'm glad that we can do that for him. In the meantime, a little unselfishness is in order until we can get things worked out and situated. It all takes time and energy. Those are the two things that I have completely run out of right now.
Goodnight.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I am so glad you got a day off, we need to come and visit you! It sounds like you are doing well and making some fun changes. I think of you often and pray for you.