Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, July 18, 2008

Of Princess, Stink Rocks and Self-Inflating Whoopee Cushions.

This is my first day off in 10 days. Hallelujah for that! I woke up and thought, "What do I need to do this morning? . . . That's right, NOTHING!" I lounged happily in bed and relished the time to play with my little ones. My little A has a new thing, which I discovered immediately. I called her by name and she said, "I not A, I Princess." Knowing A - the change in her name was inevitable. She is a Princess in only the most positive of ways and it will be my great pleasure to adhere to her wishes.
The second joy of the morning was Q and the Self-Inflating Whoopee Cushion that C brought home from Cub Scout Camp yesterday. Ingenious! All the fun and none of the work. Q was having such a great time playing with it, he nearly brought me to tears I was laughing so hard. It's great to see a little boy relax and work out some of the craziness of his world. Heaven knows he's had his share of craziness lately.
Finally it was time to get some breakfast, so I headed for the kitchen where another gem from Cub Scout Camp was introduced. Stink Rocks. In case you are unfamiliar with this brand of fun, I will explain. There are two round marble sized "rocks" which you click or scratch together to create a spark which releases some smoke - which although not completely foul is not especially pleasant in odor, either. Stink Rocks. Thankfully, of their own volition they gathered in the garage to for the entertainment - leaving the kitchen a stink free zone.
What do I have planned for the rest of the day? Moving T's bedroom upstairs, organizing things a tad better for C downstairs, maybe taking a load of things to the local good will and possibly grabbing the carpet cleaner from my Mom's to get the living room looking like we don't use it quite as much as we do. I'd love to get some slip covers for the couches in there, as well but that will have to wait I'm sure. I will also do some errands later, including IKEA, if I can get everything set up. Seems like a little bit too much for one day, but a girl can dream right?

I'll report back later.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Little Princess A is right- she does come from a Royal family- unfortunatly it is only us 5th children/daughters who realize it. Pretty cute and interesting. Next time you go to IKEA can I come?