Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Inclement Weather


After D shoveled - still building up on the front porch.



Back door: The snow is blowing sideways. I don't know about you, but I'm not going out there. The neighbor's car across the street looks stuck. The drifts are pretty high. There had to be 15 inches on the drive way.




It takes a lot of snow to shut down Utah. Well, this - my friends - is a lot of snow. I doubt everything is shut down, but there won't be church today and we are planning a quiet little day at home. The kids were really disappointed about church - or at least for my sake tried to look disappointed. Thankfully, we have all the comforts of life. There is still electricity (obviously, since I am posting to my blog). The furnace is warming the house like a champ. I'm going to do some scrapbooking. Everyone is playing happily. Who knows, by 5 or 6 p.m. we may still be able to make it to Grandma's. Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady, if you're tired of all that snow, just send it down this way. We have seven kids who would love to play in it. Well, some of them...
See them at www.towleteam.blogspot.com

Debbie Olson said...

I think I saw that you have more of the white stuff coming your way too, Abby! Hope your kids enjoy playing outside, for your sake!