Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thoughts and Quotes

Quote #1 - I just found this in an email from a friend:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." I like that.

Quote #2 - Today Q said in the most morose tone he could muster, "I hate you Ma Ma. . .You don't give me ice cream and chips." (for breakfast.) It was one of those payback moments that people tell you about. I laughed until my inner self turned blue. I couldn't laugh out loud, not with Mr. Serious draped on the couch like a wet blanket.

Thought # 1 - The other day I told D, when he commented that he doesn't know how I manage with the kids all day, how I can keep myself from running from the house screaming the minute he got home, "You have to remember that I have A with me all day long, along with all the other kids." Even when she is grumpy or angry, she is so cute that she really makes even the worst of everyone else combined very bearable.

No comments: