Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Husband Repellent

Last week, for some reason I can't recall, I was spitting mad at D. Sometimes, he's just a man - and I can let most of the man stuff slide. Sometimes, however, he is infuriating. I have a harder time with infuriating. . .I have to leave the room and take a bubble bath or something. Last week, when I was spitting mad, that is exactly what I did. I marched myself into my sanctuary and had a nice hot bath.

Flash back to last year. I got some new bath products from my favorite place - I absolutely loved them. Let me just say that thirteen years is not nearly long enough to learn everything about anyone, including a spouse. After enjoying one particular scent quite a lot, D mentioned that . . . he hated it . . . always had hated that certain kind of scent, never ever liked it ever. I figured that it wouldn't do me much good to keep using it. I considered several times checking with my sisters to see if one of them would like to have the large portion that I had left. I was a little bit sad.

Returning now to last week. As I was drawing my nice hot bath it occurred to me that this would be the perfect time to use that particular D-hated scent. I didn't care if he wanted to snuggle up to me, so what did it matter what I smelled like? I bubbled, I body washed, I lotioned and creamed. If I had had the perfume, I'd have used that, too. I felt fantastic. I was thrilled that I had found a time to use my once banished bath products.

Today, however, I realized that it might actually be a marketable scheme. "Not feeling extra warm and fuzzy toward you know who? Let us teach you how to assure yourself a little peace and quiet. For just a small fortune, we'll show you the key to developing your own guaranteed husband repellant." I'm pretty sure that I'd be a billionaire within a year.

No comments: