Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Awards and shows of Talent

Today I will spend at least half as many hours at the school as the kids do. When all of my children are in school, that might actually be fun. With many small ones in tow, however, it probably looks like something I would do to prove that I was insane. Giving birth to five children is enough to prove that to some people. At the very least, caring for and supporting this many children it is utterly exhausting. Added to other challenges it is truly mind boggling that I will have the nerve to keep walking and moving when it is all over. We have already attended Turner's assembly. He received a participation award for the school reading program and an attendance award for having only missed 2 days of school. He and his friend Sam sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star billing it as "the coolest song ever" - they got the most laughs of everyone. It was quite funny. Elynn has been fed and deposited in her Kindergarten class. Sounds easy, but it wasn't. In about half an hour we will return for Connor's Awards and a small theatre production that his class is doing, "The Popsicle Boy". He has a part in the production, and I'm tempted to try video-taping it. Due to the two small children that will be there with me, I'm tempted to NOT. It's one thing to video-tape something when you can actually focus on it. It is another story completely to attempt to video-tape while children are using you as a jungle gym. I learned from trying to tape Elynn's Kindergarten program that video-taping school programs is something that I actually loathe, at least where the two small children are concerned. I may have to concentrate simply on survival, with the hope that we will be able to enjoy it. I'm glad that I can go. I don't have to take time off, I just have to take my job with me. There's no hurry to get back to work or anywhere for that matter. I am free to to and enjoy my children. Speaking of which, it's time to go. Nothing better than hearing your child's name called for being a good kid. I know they love to see my face and the little ones love to be there too. I'm going to be tired, but it will be worth it.

No comments: