Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

I can't remember the last time that my Dad wasn't around on Father's Day. We had a little "give Dad your presents" event yesterday. Today, He and my Mother are headed down to visit her Father, who has recently moved much closer. That's a good thing, and I'm glad they can go. I'm not sure what our plans are. We usually go over to visit with my parent and siblings on Sunday after church. Before church, I've got things managed. Let D sleep in longer than usual. Serve special breakfast, give D his gifts, clean up and get everyone ready to go. I'll put something into the crock pot this morning too, so that we don't have to heat up the house on this hot hot day - up into the hundreds we go. We'll probably finish watching the movie that I fell asleep in last night and putter around a few more hours that we usually do. Maybe go for a walk. On Mother's Day, D made a big delicious dinner for everyone at my Mom and Dad's house. Today, we'll do anything that will create less heat. I think that the walk later will probably be something that I do to get the kids out of the house. As much as D loves them, well - we just want to make sure that "Father's Day at our house" isn't synonymous with torture chamber by the time we reach the end of it.

No comments: