Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, May 4, 2007

Marshalling the troops

T had a game scheduled for today, but it was rained out. We got the call about five minutes after we were supposed to have left to for his pre-game practice. No one is upset about the game being cancelled. It's FREEZING out there. I had visions of that scene in "A Christmas Story" where the mother bundles up the youngest brother so much that he can't put his arms down. . . only I'd have four children in that predicament. Now, the rest of the day is just cruise control. I'm going to try to marshal the forces and get some cleaning done in the basement. I don't think that I'll ever again be foolish enough to say "clean the basement", but I have enough spit and vinegar in me to imagine that we might enact some works of organization upon the space before the day has waned. We have already experienced a bit of success in the arena of basement organization this week, so my hopes are high. Don't they say that happiness is when what you want to do and what you have to do are the same thing? I guess I'm pretty happy today, then. I have all the time in the world to accomplish just a little bit of something that I've wanted to do for a very long time. We have been smiled upon today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by your words. good luck to you. I hope all works out.

GiLLa said...

Good to see a person so happy in the life that she has been blessed with :) Cherish the moments whilst the children are young, they don't stay that way long. 14,18 and 21 :)

Anonymous said...

Everyday with them at this time in our lives is a treasure to me, and I'm grateful to be able to recognize that before the moments have passed us by!