Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In my sleep

This has been a great experience for me. I have been able to do so much with so little. I venture only my time. I am actually rewarded emotionally for the effort of recording impressions and events. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to put into words the chaos which surrounds me almost constantly, as well as the joy that creeps in from time to time. I keep my blog entries in a journal as well, along with other things which I wouldn't want to share with the world at large. My blog serves an even greater purpose, however. By making itself constantly available to friends and family, I can communicate and bring a smile to someone, literally, in my sleep! The last time I was able to make someone smile when I was sleeping was probably my dad, from behind a camera. He loved watching us in those quiet peaceful times, and now I completely appreciate the motivation behind all of those photographs.
I kept the journal before the blog, but it was a completely different kind of opportunity. I was writing to record things for myself, to look back on and reflect upon at a later date. Now, I write to write. If my life is a pressure cooker, then this is the pressure release valve. My head and heart open up and all of the steamy air pours through my fingers onto the keyboard. It's something amazing that I never expected. It has added something tangible and good to my life. How often can you say that about something so uncomplicated and undemanding? If I HAD to do it, I might feel differently about it. As a leisure activity however, it provides fantastic mental exercise. The blog is now indispensable to me. It is a good friend, in and of itself.

No comments: