Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, February 9, 2007

Stop the Roller Coaster

I think that when quieter times come, I will really appreciate them. It has been said that you have to taste the bitter to know the sweet. Well, this part of life is bitter. This is like big squished up face fresh unsweetened lemon-juice bitter. Have you seen a child take a wedge of lemon and put it right into their mouth. . .the shock and well, the shock. That's what my 38th year has been for me. Everyone keeps telling me that it's going to be so much worse when the kids are teenagers. If that's true then next year I will definitely be checking myself into some kind of program for the mentally ill. If I get a jump on it, maybe when I actually do loose my mind, I'll already know what to do about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much. When you do check into that institution for the mentally ill, check with me first. Maybe we can get a group discount?