Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Now, who do I deliver the kingdom to?

We slept like real live babies last night. I figure I must owe someone for the wonderful experience, seeing that I offered a good deal for it. An entire kingdom, but worth the price. I never had a colicky baby - this is as close as I've come to night after night of zero sleep. I really feel for all of those parents out there working THAT night shift. I'm not saying that my kingdom is an easy gig. Four of the five charges are quite strong-willed. Be that as it may, if you can prove that you are the one that made my wonderful night's rest possible, I suppose I owe it to you - the entire kingdom. Thank you, whoever you are. . .and if you do happen to be Obi Won Kenobi - could you please be the one from Star Wars Episode II?

No comments: