Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weewa Tar . . .

My two year old treated me to a very precious version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star today. I enjoyed every second of it. I'm recording it here because I don't want to forget.

"Ween Toe Ween Toe Weewa Tar . . .
Ween Toe Ween Toe Weewa TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

She was in the other room playing, and didn't know that I was listening. This was obviously her "belt" version - she probably held that note for about 5 seconds, which frankly surprised me. I haven't exposed her to much opera or dramatic singing so far. What a sweetie. Just can't get enough of that.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love it! We've had a lot of wadli achas and boom chica booms from various campouts and the other day, I heard Bam belting "I said a BOOM chica BOOM" etc and had a delicious chuckle all to myself. Some moments are good mommy moments and we can almost roll them around in our mouths like good chocolate--almost.

EarlGirl said...

Oh, fun! I love those moments too. They make such a difference when life is icky. You can just go to that happy place...

Autumn & Chris said...

Great to hear from you!!!! Good to see your family is doing great....
Keep in touch i'll add you to our blog.
Autumn