Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Around the world in 30 minutes.

One of the things I've really enjoyed doing lately is visiting the Daily Photo blogs from around the world. It's like a world tour, an amazing array of culture, sites and scenery that for the most part I'm fairly sure I'll not have the chance to visit personally in my natural life. I love it. It is refreshing. After a little virtual jaunt, I feel like I've really left the building even when in truth the most adventure I've had during the day was walking through the grass on the way to the mailbox. I especially love the photos of Portugal - where I served my mission - and Japan - where I lived with my family for a year as a young girl. My eyes have been opened to other parts of the world that I'd love to explore, as well. If I ever do have a chance to travel, I'll be much better informed and will probably have an excellent idea of what I'd like to see. It's a big world out there.
More than just sightseeing, joining the Daily Photo community has been a very positive experience for me, as well. I've made some friends, and everyone can use more friends - especially far away, never would have met you any other way friends. It also gives me a reason to keep an eye out for things I'd like to photograph. I'm naturally interested in Architecture, and have really enjoyed photography trips downtown. I think about things in new ways, as possible subjects for photography rather than just a nice building. I love floral photography as well, and I've really been enjoying the tulips lately. Photography is a natural outlet for a designer. I love composing photographs, it's one of my favorite things to do. It's just been plain great.
So, if you have a chance, visit the Daily Photo Portal - where all of the thumbnails are gathered each day. It changed my life in a little way that has meant a lot. Here's to new experiences!

5 comments:

Annie said...

I thank you for introducing me to this great way to "travel at home".

Anonymous said...

This sounds really cool! When I have some time, I'll stop by there.

Paz

Abby said...

I'm pretty sure I met you there, Paz. Right? You are too much! I love it.

J.J. said...

I did not know you served a mission in Portugal, that is way awesome.
I'll have to check this out!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! No. We met after I read your comment on someone else's blog. I don't remember who at the moment. And then I came over here. ;-)

Paz