Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, November 16, 2007

On my mind

Well I'm sure there's something that I could be doing right now, but I can't think of anything I want to be doing, and so I'm going to write a little bit. These are the things floating around in my head -
I spent the majority of the day studying Copic Markers online. I'm going to be working on an Interior Design project, and I'd like to be able to do so quick renderings for my client. That was impossible due to the fact that all of my markers dried out about 10 years ago. I just haven't been doing much with my education, as far as the rendering part goes. I have been watching what some of my friends have done with these markers, in the world of crafts, and realized that they'd work in my other life, too. After studying them a little bit more today, I found a great site that would let me customize a 72 marker set. Can I just say that I'm dumbfounded? I've never heard of anyone offering to do anything like that before ever ever. Just something funny, this is the first set of markers I've ever purchased. In college, I got them one at a time. It was okay, but this is something really special to me. I'm excited to get them and try them out. I'll have to keep them under lock and key and they will not ever once in my lifetime come within sight distance of my children, but other than that, it's a great step toward integrating Educated Abby and Mom Abby.
I've been working on goals this week: starting to walk, drinking more water, being connected with my spiritual self. The water thing was much simpler than I imagined, seriously. My Mom came across a double stroller the other day and picked it up for me. The little ones love it, so much so that they'd rather sit in it than play at the park with the older kid while I'm walking. The weather has been fabulous, so nice and warm. It has made the whole thing very enjoyable for everyone. The kids have loved getting out of the house, they are off track, and I benefit from the exercise. We all win.
Spiritually, I just want to hang onto the peaceful heart I've enjoyed lately. I want to keep doing what I've done well, and add a little bit to my routine.
With the oldest nearly 12 and the youngest almost 2, I guess that I am starting to see the end of one of the tunnels in my life. It's not that I've been in darkness and I'm finally "seeing the light". I simply recognize that changes in my daily routine are nearer now than ever. I recognize the need to prepare for those changes. That's what's been on my mind lately.

No comments: